Definition Of Sinking was published on December 18, 2017 at 7:42 am. This image is uploaded on the Sink category. Definition Of Sinking is tagged with Definition Of Sinking, Definition, Of, Sinking..
Definitiondef•i•ni•tion (def′ə nish′ən),USA pronunciation n.
- the act of defining or making definite, distinct, or clear.
- the formal statement of the meaning or significance of a word, phrase, etc.
- the condition of being definite, distinct, or clearly outlined.
- sharpness of the image formed by an optical system.
- the accuracy of sound or picture reproduction.
Ofof1 (uv, ov; unstressed əv or, esp. before consonants, ə),USA pronunciation prep.
- (used to indicate distance or direction from, separation, deprivation, etc.): within a mile of the church; south of Omaha; to be robbed of one's money.
- (used to indicate derivation, origin, or source): a man of good family; the plays of Shakespeare; a piece of cake.
- (used to indicate cause, motive, occasion, or reason): to die of hunger.
- (used to indicate material, component parts, substance, or contents): a dress of silk; a book of poems; a package of cheese.
- (used to indicate apposition or identity): Is that idiot of a salesman calling again?
- (used to indicate specific identity or a particular item within a category): the city of Chicago; thoughts of love.
- (used to indicate possession, connection, or association): the king of France; the property of the church.
- (used to indicate inclusion in a number, class, or whole): one of us.
- (used to indicate the objective relation, the object of the action noted by the preceding noun or the application of a verb or adjective): the ringing of bells; He writes her of home; I'm tired of working.
- (used to indicate reference or respect): There is talk of peace.
- (used to indicate qualities or attributes): an ambassador of remarkable tact.
- (used to indicate a specified time): They arrived of an evening.
- [Chiefly Northern U.S.]before the hour of;
until: twenty minutes of five.
- on the part of: It was very mean of you to laugh at me.
- in respect to: fleet of foot.
- set aside for or devoted to: a minute of prayer.
- [Archaic.]by: consumed of worms.
Sinkingsink (singk),USA pronunciation v., sank or, often, sunk;
sunk or sunk•en;
- to displace part of the volume of a supporting substance or object and become totally or partially submerged or enveloped;
fall or descend into or below the surface or to the bottom (often fol. by in or into): The battleship sank within two hours. His foot sank in the mud. Her head sinks into the pillows.
- to fall, drop, or descend gradually to a lower level: The river sank two feet during the dry spell.
- to settle or fall gradually, as a heavy structure: The tower is slowly sinking.
- to fall or collapse slowly from weakness, fatigue, distress, etc.: He gasped and sank to his knees.
- to slope downward;
dip: The field sinks toward the highway.
- to go down toward or below the horizon: the sun sinks in the west.
- to penetrate, permeate, or seep (usually fol. by in or into): Wipe the oil off before it sinks into the wood.
- to become engulfed or absorbed in or gradually to enter a state (usually fol. by in or into): to sink into slumber.
- to be or become deeply absorbed or involved in a mood or mental state (usually fol. by in or into): sunk in thought. She sank into despair.
- to pass or fall into some lower state, as of fortune, estimation, etc.;
degenerate: to sink into poverty.
- to decline or deteriorate in quality or worth.
- to fail in physical strength or health.
- to decrease in amount, extent, intensity, etc.: The temperature sank to 30° at noon.
- to become lower in volume, tone, or pitch: Her voice sank to a whisper.
- to enter or permeate the mind;
become known or understood (usually fol. by in or into): He said it four times before the words really sank in.
- to become concave;
become hollow, as the cheeks.
- to drop or fall gradually into a lower position: He sank down on the bench.
- to cause to become submerged or enveloped;
force into or below the surface;
cause to plunge in or down: The submarine sank the battleship. He sank his fist into the pillow.
- to cause to fall, drop, or descend gradually.
- to cause to penetrate: to sink an ax into a tree trunk.
- to lower or depress the level of: They sank the roadway by five feet.
- to bury, plant, or lay (a pipe, conduit, etc.) into or as if into the ground.
- to dig, bore, or excavate (a hole, shaft, well, etc.).
- to bring to a worse or lower state or status.
- to bring to utter ruin or collapse: Drinking and gambling sank him completely.
- to reduce in amount, extent, intensity, etc.
- to lower in volume, tone, or pitch.
- to suppress;
- to invest in the hope of making a profit or gaining some other return: He sank all his efforts into the business.
- to lose (money) in an unfortunate investment, enterprise, etc.
- to throw, shoot, hit, or propel (a ball) so that it goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: She sank the 10 ball into the side pocket.
- to execute (a stroke or throw) so that the ball goes through or into the basket, hole, pocket, etc.: to sink a putt; to sink a free throw.
- sink one's teeth into:
- to bite deeply or vigorously.
- to do or enter into with great enthusiasm, concentration, conviction, etc.: to sink my teeth into solving the problem.
- a basin or receptacle, as in a kitchen or laundry, usually connected with a water supply and drainage system, for washing dishes, clothing, etc.
- a low-lying, poorly drained area where waters collect and sink into the ground or evaporate.
- sinkhole (def. 2).
- a place of vice or corruption.
- a drain or sewer.
- a device or place for disposing of energy within a system, as a power-consuming device in an electrical circuit or a condenser in a steam engine.
- any pond or pit for sewage or waste, as a cesspool or a pool for industrial wastes.
- any natural process by which contaminants are removed from the atmosphere.
Definition Of Sinking have 1 pictures including Definition Of Sinking #1 Sink Fund Definition Perplexcitysentinel Com. Following are the photos:
Selecting a Definition Of Sinking cannot be haphazard. The home white color needs a special layout for that interior. This of course's exclusive layout has to be achieved to produce the effect of the home white. Since the white home itself has limits to the room's part.
Definition Of Sinking is usually done to generate an environment of style and calm. But there's no harm so the area look richer if you choose colored bed. For instance, only a dark-brown colour, violet and black Tosca. Every one of these hues appear sophisticated and wonderful. The colour may be applied to his cot's use.
Are you aware that bed linens and bad cover themselves can use other colors for example white, pink, magic as well as a combination of many shades. You may not have to choose white coloring a mattress of color that is white which is focused by white color.
One important things to complete in the layout of the house white by picking straightforward bed of color that is white according to the strategy itself. With locations are constrained in size is going to be sensed more relieved. Not only that, the right style is likely to make the room magnificent, tidy and more gorgeous.